Dr. Dhyanesh Desai
Consultant MicrobiologistBook An Appointment
- MD Microbiology from GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- General Management from IIM Ahmedabad
- MBBS from Terna Medical College, Mumbai
- 18+ years of experience
- Medical microbiology
- Immunology and Serology
- Molecular Biology
- Hospital Infection Control
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Dr Dhyanesh Desai is currently working as Consultant Microbiologist at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad.
- He has 18+ years of Leadership experience in Laboratory Medicine, Laboratory administration and Operations.
- Expertise in Microbiology Molecular Biology & Infectious diseases, Quality assurance and Hospital Infection Control with National and International work experience and exposure.
- Reference laboratory planning, designing, creation, human resource planning and development, logistics, IT, business collaborations and Laboratory operations.
- Developing and implementing Accreditation compliant Quality control processes and meeting International quality standards of CAP, ISO 15189 and NABL
Publications & Presentations
- “Acinetobacter - “An Emerging Nosocomial Threat”, Paper Presented at the 180 th Research Meeting of the Medical Research Centre of Bombay Hospital Trust, 2010.
- Awarded Best Paper in the Inflammation Section at the All India Ophthalmogists Society (AIOS) Annual Conference (AIOC 2010) for “Microbiology Based Therapy in Cosmetic CL Related Polymicrobial Keratitis with Good Visual Outcome”
- Desai, Dhyanesh & Nataraj, Gita & Kulkarni, Savita & Bichile, Lata & Mehta, Preeti & Baveja, Sujata & Rajan, Ramakrishna & Raut, Abhijit & Shenoy, Asha. (2007). Utility of the polymerase chain reaction in the diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis. Research in microbiology. 157. 967-70. 10.1016/j.resmic.2006.08.002.