KD Hospital we have an expert team of pulmonologists who bring in their varied experiences to provide best diagnosis and treatment to the patients.
At Kusum Dhirajlal Hospital different diseases of the lungs and breathing problems are taken care of as we believe that “Every breathe counts.” The different diseases treated include bronchial asthma (from simple to resistant asthma), allergy, fibrosis, pulmonary oedema, tuberculosis (TB - simple, MDR and XDR TB), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep apnoea, allergic rhinitis, interstitial lung diseases, pulmonary embolism, pneumonia, occupational lung diseases, pleural diseases, lung cancer, snoring and sleep apnea syndrome.
Facilities available for diagnosing and treating lung diseases include:
- Pulmonary Function Tests (MS PFT Pro)
- Spirometry (for children and adults)
- Bedside spirometry
- Portable spirometry for occupational health services
- Maximum ventilation volume (MVV), slow vital capacity (SVC), and forced vital capacity (FVC)
- Lung volume and subdivisions: Total lung capacity (TLC), respiratory volume (RV), and functional residual capacity (FRC)
- Single breath diffusion capacity of lungs for carbon monoxide and helium (DLCO-He)
- Allergy testing
- Sleep laboratory
- Smoking cessation program
- Pulmonary rehabilitation program