Dr. Abhishek Rajpopat
Consultant Interventional CardiologistBook An Appointment
- Fellowship in structural heart diseases
- DM Cardiology (Gold Medal)
- MD Internal Medicine
- 10+ years Experience
- Performed 300+ TAVR cases globally, and
- 100+ Left Atrial Appendage Closure cases globally
- An expert in the growing field of Structural Heart Disease that includes Transcatheter Valve Therapies (TAVI/MitraClip/TMVR/TPVR) and catheter based treatment of non-coronary cardiovascular defects (ASD/PDA/VSD/RSOV/Coarctation of Aorta).
- As an Innovator along with TAVR, he is well-trained in performing complex Structural Heart Disease Procedures.
- Expert in the field of Left Main Interventions (including coronary and peripheral vascular interventions) and additional complex procedures.
- Conducted numerous Workshops on Interventional Cardiology.
- Experience in Advanced Catheter Based Treatments for various cardiac disorders.
- Current : Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad, India.
- Previous: Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Ahmedabad and Sterling Hospital, Ahmedabad.
Fellowship and achievements
- Fellowship in Structural Heart Diseases at RIGS Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark from July 2018 to March 2019.
- Effects of repeated pregnancy on left ventricular muscle mass, poster presentations: CardioCon 2014
- Echocardiography Evaluation of Right Ventricular Function in Acute Inferior Wall Myocardial Infarction, poster presentation at CardioCon 2015
- Attended National Level Cardiology Conferences and conducted Intervention Surgery workshops.