Dr. Anuja Desai
Executive Director, KD Hospital
Head of Ophthalmology Department Cornea & Refractive SurgeonBook An Appointment
- FMRF Cornea & Refractive Surgery
- MS Ophthalmology
- 11+ years of Experience
- Completed 15000+ LASIK procedures
- Completed 40+ Cornea Transplants
- Her specialty lies in laser refractive surgery, corneal infectious diseases, corneal transplant, ocular surface disorders, and traumatic cases.
- Her prominent areas of expertise include Minimally Invasive Procedures, treatment of Cataract and Glaucoma, Healthcare Management, etc.
- Dr Anuja Desai is currently working as the Head of the Ophthalmology Department at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad.
- As an Executive Director, she also established KD Institute of Allied Health Sciences.
- She has completed 15000+ LASIK procedures in the last 4 years at KD Hospital’s Ophthalmology Department.
- As a proficient Cornea & Refractive surgeon, she has completed more than 40 Cornea Transplants.
- Introduced more than 50 healthsciences academic programs (including 17 paramedical) for the benefit of Healthcare professionals at KD Hospital. Some of these Prominent programs are Fellowhsip in Arthroplasty, DNB (ER & Critical care) and Internships for students in different hospital departments.
Fellowship and Achievements
- Received a special “Appreciation award” from IMA on Doctors Day (1st July’22) for her contribution towards the healthcare sector.
- Fellowship in Cornea, Anterior Segment, and Refractive Surgery from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai.
- Won the title of Eye Health heroes, 2021 from the International Agency for prevention of Blindness (IAPB), London.
- Graced by the Times Power Women 2021 Award, Ahmedabad.
- Awarded the “Dr. K.J. Ganatra rotating trophy for Ophthalmologist of the year by IMA (Indian Medical Association), Gujarat State Branch.
- Winner of the Cataract & Refractive Society’s 2021 Photo Contest for her Photo-op about “Traumatic flap dislocation post LASIK surgery”.
- Received a special mention with a Full-page article titled “Dr. Anuja Desai: Leading Ophthalmologist with the Vision to provide affordable eye-care for all” in the Brand Connect Section of Forbes India Magazine, Feb 11, 2022 edition.
- Her Survey to assess the awareness of Eye Donation amongst healthcare professionals got published in the prestigious Open Journal of Ophthalmology, an international peer-reviewed journal.
- Started the “Donate your Spectacles” campaign at KD Hospital. The aim of this campaign is to motivate people towards donating their old spectacles & help people get the much needed eyewear (especially Rural population).
- Launched ‘Project Disha’ to provide Eyecare services to the needy, in order to prevent avoidable blindness. A mobile eyecare unit will enable this project to provide Eyecare services at people’s doorstep, especially those who live in rural areas.