Dr. Kalpesh Sukhwani
Consultant Infectious DiseaseBook An Appointment
- FNB Infectious Disease
- DNB Internal Medicine
- MD Medicine
- 15+ years of Experience
- Dr Kalpesh Sukhwani’s special interest lies in the area of treating Fever of unkown origin, HIV & AIDS including other prominent life threatening Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Holistic management of HIV infections
- Management of MDR infections.
- Currently working as Consultant Infectious Disease at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad.
- A vast experience in handling various complex cases pertaining to infectious diseases.
- He has expertise in Multi-Drug Resistant Infections in ICU, Organ Transplant related infections, Neutropenic Sepsis, Infections associated with Immunosuppressants and Prosthesis related Infections (Orthopaedic and others).
- He is also well-versed in the domain of Adult Vaccination, Hospital Infection Control & Antimicrobial Stewardship.
Research & Publications
- Clinical Profile of Clostridium Difficile Associated Diarrhea: A study from Tertiary Care Centre of South India. Kalpesh, S & Sukhwani, Kalpesh & Bansal, Nitin & Nambi, P & Kumar, Suresh & Ramasubramanian, V & Tarigopula, Anil & Sethuraman, Nandini & Gopalakrishnan, Ram. (2018). Tropical gastroenterology: official journal of the Digestive Diseases Foundation. 39. 135-141.
- Clinical efficacy and safety of cefepime–tazobactam in hospitalized patients in South India. Bansal, Nitin & Sukhwani, Kalpesh & D, Suresh & Nambi, P. & Gopalakrishnan, Ram & Ramasubramnian, V. (2017). Infectious Diseases. 50. 1-4. 10.1080/23744235.2017.1410284.
- Case report Enterococcal meningitis in association with Strongyloides hyperinfection syndrome. Sukhwani, Kalpesh & Bansal, Nitin & Soni, Mamta & Ramamurthy, Anand & Gopalakrishnan, Ram. (2017). GERMS. 7. 10.18683/germs.2017.1105.