Dr. Ankita Jain
Consultant Obstetrics and GynaecologyBook An Appointment
- M.S (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery
- 8+ Years of Experience
- Dr Ankita Jain specializes in the areas of Advanced Laparoscopic and Endoscopic surgeries.
- She also has expertise in Hysterectomy, Salpingectomy, Hysteroscopic Surgeries, Genital Prolapse Correction, and Urogynaecology.
- Certified Panel Surgeon for Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation by Government of Gujarat.
- FOGSI - Certified for performing Obstetric Ultrasound.
- Trained in Non-Scalpel Vasectomy by MCGM, Public Health Department.
- Currently working as Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad.
- Previously worked as Clinical Assistant at Sir H. N Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai.
- Worked as Consultant Obstetrician/Gynaecologist at R.M.S Hospital, Dhandhuka, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Senior Registrar at Sheth L.G Municipal General Hospital, Maninagar, Ahmedabad.
Fellowship and achievements
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery under Dr. Pranay Shah, Mumbai.
- Fellow in Endoscopic and Minimal Invasive Therapy at Gynaecology Endoscopy Division, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan; under the aegis of Asia-Pacific Association of Gynecologic Endoscopy (APAGE).
- Faculty at CeMAST's Advanced Laparoscopic techniques in Hysterectomy & Myomectomy course.
- 2nd place in Paper presentation - 'Pulmonary Endometriosis - A Case Report' at YUVA-FOGSI 2011, Gandhinagar.
- 1st place - Quiz on Contraception, at FORCE 2012 - A Unique Teaching Program for PG Students.
- Member of Asia-Pacific Association for Gynecologic Endoscopic surgeons (APAGE) and Association of Medical Women in India (AMWI).
- Member of Ahmedabad Obstetrics & Gynecology Society (AOGS).
- Article in press - “Laparoscopic Ovarian Transposition before Concurrent Chemoradiation in Cervical Cancer 1B1 with Pelvic Lymph Node Metastasis” in The journal Of Gynecologic Surgery.
Publications and Presentations
- Presented a video on "Bladder Endometriosis - A Novel technique of Precise Excision" at the 12th AAGL International Congress on The Ultimate Advances in Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery, Mumbai.
- Presented a video on "Uterine Manipulators - An Overview" at 12th AAGL International Congress on The Ultimate Advances in Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery, Mumbai, in June 2016.
- Paper on 'Pulmonary Endometriosis - A Case Report', accepted for publication in Gujarat Medical Journal.
- Presented a poster at Focussed Meeting on Optimizing Options in Gynaec Endoscopy, 2012 & Beyond Conference, Live Surgical Workshop and 'Pelvic Anatomy Demonstration on Human Cadaver by Laparoscopy' in Ahmedabad, Sep 2012.
- Presented a paper at SOGOG, Mehsana, 2011 titled “Chronic Inversion of Uterus and Intravenous Leiomyomatosis - A Case Report”